Brick Lane is looking for an Associate on its Asset Management team to perform a wide array of real estate financial and portfolio analyses, with an emphasis on a fast-growing cash flow portfolio of value-add multifamily assets. Primary responsibilities include creating and analyzing detailed financial spreadsheets, participating in monthly financial review and investor reporting processes, reporting and tracking the operational and financial performance of the portfolio, identifying and researching value add opportunities and tracking through implementation, conducting market research and analysis, coordination and completion of the annual budget and business plan processes as well as working with the Asset Management and Acquisitions teams on underwriting and due diligence review on new investment opportunities.
The Associate is a critical thinker who can analyze facts from multiple perspectives and develop fact-based recommendations through underwriting, modeling, and research; a self-starter who can identify and solve issues that will make each property and the company become more efficient and profitable; a team player who can tackle tasks big and small. There is potential for advancement and applicants should be flexible and eager to learn.
- Perform complex financial analyses including cash flow projections, valuation models, and sensitivity analyses in Excel.
- Assist in all aspects of portfolio operations including property management activities, monitoring operational performance and formulating long-term asset plans and strategies.
- Assist with the development and execution of property-level strategic business plans and budgets.
- Organize and present data analysis, draw objective conclusions and make recommendations.
- Create, manage, and update reports, project budgets, business plans, schedules, and cash flow projections.
- Create, manage and update operational tracking schedules and performance metrics across the portfolio.
- Participate in the asset management of existing properties including market research, leasing, value add the implementation, property sales, budgeting, and administration.
- Respond and follow through to requests for information and communicate with all levels of management with minimal supervision.
- Liaise with site managers, regional directors, brokers, attorneys, lenders, government officials, architects, engineers, and vendors.
- Undertake comprehensive due diligence responsibilities on new acquisitions, through transition/closing and onboarding.
- Identify and analyze development, legal, environmental, and zoning regulations related to new projects.
- Continually develop, enhance and leverage detailed knowledge of the local economy and real estate markets.
- At least 3-5 years experience in commercial real estate, investment banking, or other real estate asset management or capital markets functions.
- Four-year college degree with a major in business, finance, economics, accounting, engineering, or mathematics.
- Working knowledge of real estate valuation and financial modeling, including the ability to create cash flow models from scratch.
- Ability to read and interpret basic property financial statements including income statements, balance sheets, and ledgers.
- Advanced understanding and demonstrated proficiency in Excel. A case study may be given to finalist candidates to measure Excel modeling aptitude.