COVID-19 Updates & Resources; latest information for the campus community: www.umd.edu/virusinfo
As of Wednesday, March 18, 2020, the university is operating in a partial online environment, with reduced operations and classes being canceled through the week of March 23-27, 2020.
Starting March 30, 2020, and continuing through the end of this academic year, all classroom instruction will be conducted virtually.
With the extension of online education through the end of the academic year residence halls will officially close for the semester on April 5, 2020, and all residents will be required to move out by this date. Details can be found on the Residence Life website.
While the university is operating under reduced operations and moving to an online environment, student services will still be available, but potentially operating under different circumstances.
Current plans are as follows:
March 16-22, 2020: Students’ Spring Break
March 23-29, 2020: Spring Break extended an additional week
- Classes are cancelled for these two weeks.
- Students will not return to campus following spring break. (Exceptions and accommodations will be made for those who need it.)
- Faculty preparation for the move to online instruction is underway; they will have this additional week to participate in further training.
- Except for classes, UMD will remain open. Staff are expected to report for work either by telecommuting or in person, as agreed upon with their supervisor.
- Graduate students who work or conduct research on campus should consult with their supervisors on how they would conduct their work this week.
Starting March 18 and continuing until at least April 10, 2020:
- For functions that can be performed remotely, supervisors are encouraged to offer employees the option to telework. Guidance for employees and telework exceptions will be provided soon.
Starting March 30, 2020 and continuing through the end of the academic year:
- All classroom instruction will be conducted virtually
Residence halls will officially close for the semester on April 5, 2020:
- All residents will have to move out by this date
- Vice President Patty Perillo, of the Division of Student Affairs, emailed students a detailed message on Friday, March 20th, containing information for all students currently living in campus housing. The letter describes plans for an orderly move-out that ensures social distancing and provides for the health and safety of our students.
- VP Perillo and her staff will continue to work closely with students who have no alternatives and need housing.
The following on-campus events are cancelled:
- Maryland Day 2020
- Spring Commencement
The following events will be postponed:
These events will be virtual:
- MAPP Graduate Admitted Open House
Please check umd.edu/virusinfo for the latest information.
Virtual Admission Appointments
Thank you for your interest in the School of Architecture, Planning, and Preservation. Because of the COVID-19 outbreak, and to encourage social distancing and safety, there will be no building tours or in-person admissions appointments in the School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation until further notice. However, we are offering virtual admissions appointments for graduate and undergraduate admissions.
To make an appointment, go to this link and click on Undergraduate or Graduate Admissions: https://booknow.appointment-plus.com/73x1re90/.
For questions, contact email@example.com.