One of the key attractions for many prospective students who choose to study at the MRED program is that connections to the industry are extensive, with nearly 300 alumni around the country and the world.
Currently enrolled students and our alumni are eligible to be on our program’s jobs listserv. In addition, some employers also ask us to post job descriptions on this website. Listings will remain on our website for 90 days unless otherwise noted.
Location: Washington, DC
Company: Brailsford & Dunlavey
Job Description: Project Intern
As catalysts for building community, Brailsford & Dunlavey advises our clients through complex issues and challenges related to facility development. Our strength is in utilizing both a tailored approach and collective national expertise to guide an idea from early concept definition through financing, design, construction, and operating start-up—maximizing value and mitigating risk every step of the way.
The project intern performs a variety of essential administrative tasks that supports the program management activities of a project team. The intern will support higher education planning assignments and development advisory assignments. The learning objects from these assignments will be to develop a knowledge base and background in higher education administration, real estate market research, financial modeling, and transaction negotiation support.
We believe the right intern is willing to take intellectual, emotional, and financial risks; all while being committed to excellence. At B&D, interns are valuable resources, who are provided with unlimited opportunities for growth and development.
This is a full-time paid internship that has the potential to convert to a full-time project analyst position.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist project team members with the completion of planning, pre-development and/or implementation assignments
- Perform data collection and analysis to include focus group leading and reporting, in-person and telephone interviews, survey design and analysis, site analysis, space planning, financial modeling, and print and internet research.
- Maintain project-related documents including drawings, project binders, client correspondences, meeting minutes, action items, invoices, and similar items
- Assist with project-related financial issues including budget monitoring, revenue and expense tracking, reconciliation, and reimbursement processing
- Ideal candidate has recently graduated with a bachelor's degree in higher education administration, accounting business, finance, planning, architecture, real estate, or related field.
- Fourth year undergraduate students will also be considered.
- Directly related work experience in project management, planning, or design is highly desirable.
- Highly motivated.
- Able to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent writer’s and oral communication skills.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong proficiency in Excel is highly desired for this role, including prior experience with conditional formatting, VLookup, HLookup functions, IF statements and pro formas.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced setting, prioritizing and responding to day-to-day issues as required.
- Detail-oriented yet capable of strategic thinking.
- Proven adaptability, flexibility, and creativity in supporting multiple managers.
- Ability to establish and accurately maintain data management and other record keeping systems.
- Demonstrated commitment to client satisfaction.
- Ability to be a proactive self-starter who thrives within a team structure.
- Internal contacts include staff at all levels. External contacts include external customers and vendors. Contact involves: routing calls, troubleshooting, or providing information.
To apply and learn more about the position please visit here.
Location: Washington DC Region
Job Description: Realty Specialist
The Asset Management Business Line for the Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC) in the Washington Region is looking for city and urban planners, realty specialists, architects, landscape architects, engineers, or related disciplines who are interested in becoming a part of their team to provide facility and land use master planning, plan facility repair and construction projects, and project manage planning contracts fora wide range of facility types at installations throughout the DC metropolitan region. Project locations include: Washington Navy Yard, Naval Air Station Patuxent River, National Military Medical Center Bethesda, Naval Support Activity South Potomac, Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling, Naval Support Activity Annapolis, etc.
There are a number of positions available. Licensed professionals are desired but not required. The positions available are at the entry-level intern GS-7 to GS-12 level, with pay ranging up to $99K. NAVFACoffers numerous benefits, including a maximum 40-hour workweek, healthcare, retirement benefits,flexible work schedule, telework, and all government holidays. Interested candidates must be able toobtain a security clearance. Travel is limited to the Washington, DC, region.
For more information about NAVFAC and working for the Navy see NAVFAC’s web page and click on“Jobs”: https://navfac.navy.mil/
For further information or to submit a resume, please contact Vincent Parlegreco, Asset Management Product LineCoordinator at email@example.com
Location: Greenbelt, MD
Job Description: Project Engineer
When you join Bozzuto Construction Company as a Project Engineer, you are making a decision to develop your career alongside a growing team of award-winning professionals. With a passion for the people and communities we serve, our team builds to meet various affordable, residential, commercial and mixed-use needs, benefiting those who will work, live, and use the space. From supporting onsite job activities to coordinating budgets and subcontractor work, you will play an active role in managing the success of multi-million dollar projects, and delivering products that truly make a difference in the lives of others.
Job responsibilities include:
- Foster subcontractor relationships to secure estimates and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Develop proficiency in various trade divisions to troubleshoot on-the-spot jobsite issues.
- Maintain contract documents, field books, daily reports, and final project records.
- Keep project schedules on-track by organizing material and equipment logistics.
- Oversee subcontractors to ensure work is timely, accurate/in-scope, and compliant.
- Support feasibility and full line-item budget creation; keep records of all pricing data.
Bachelor’s degree in construction management/related field; or similar practice/training.
Architecture Degree or MRED highly desired.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
2+ years construction experience, familiarity with construction management software, Procore and Primavera a plus. Must have ability to effectively communicate and present information to external clients/audiences. Experience managing multiple projects/priorities, while producing high-quality work. If you have any questions, please contact Marlena Buckalew Grosholz, Campus Recruitment Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply go to www.bozzutocareers.com.
LOCATION: New York, NY
COMPANY: Criterion Real Estate Capital
Job Description: Analyst Position
Criterion is a New York City based boutique private equity firm that invests equity and structured debt in high quality real estate assets in core markets nationally. Backed by long-standing institutional capital with extensive financial resources, we are able to fund single asset and portfolio transactions ranging from $20MM to over $500MM. Our capital is flexible, and our approach is to offer customized solutions across the capital structure (including debt, preferred equity or join-venture equity) to operating partners having established track records and a proven ability to execute in the creation and enhancement of value through repostioning, development, renovation and intensive asset management.
The Analyst will perform detailed analysis on new investments involving residential (condominium and multifamily), office, hotel, retail, land and mixed-use real estate opportunities. Responsibilities also include analysis on performance of existing investments for purposes of internal tracking and external investorrelations.The Analyst will interact with operating partners,l enders,i ntermediaries and institutional capital partners. The Analyst role will provide a valuable opportunity to (i) utilize and strengthen analytical and financial modeling skills, (ii) develop real estate valuation skills, (iii) gain exposure to all commercial real estate asset classes and many U.S. markets, and (iv) work closely with the firm’s principals.
We are seeking candidates with up to two (2) years of experience in private equity, real estate development, real estate investment banking or real estate lending. Graduating seniors with superior academic records, advanced proficiency with Excel spreadsheets, and proven excellence in quantitative, analytical, composition, and communication skills will also be considered. Candidates should possess strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Eagerness and ability to work collaboratively is essential.
Please include a cover letter along with your resume, college GPA (both major and cumulative) and SAT/ACT scores (broken out by test section), to Vanessa Nardella, Criterion Real Estate Capital, 509 Madison Avenue, Suite 506,New York, NY 10022, email@example.com, (P) 212-259-0418
This page is being updated, please check back soon for listings.