Is there a TEAM cash prize for winners?
1st Prize : $1000
2nd Prize : $ 500
3rd Prize : $ 250
We would like to thank the Division of Information Technoology and the Academy for Innovation and Entrepreneurship for their financial support. The TEAM Cash prize is divided equally among all registered members of the winning team
Monies will be automatically credited to the student's UMD financial account
What is the awards process?
- Submission (Friday, April 11):
Teams will submit a video (less than five minutes) of their final product, as well as a short description of their final product.
These will be posted on the website to be accessbile by the judges and all other interested parties. Examples of last year's submissions are provided below.
- First Place: Team P_Recs: Parks and Recreation Elisa Escapa; Neelnavo Kar; and Joan Zhang
- Second Place: Team Mobile App Developers: How Do I Get Involved Oluwabori Oludemi; Elyahou Shamouilian; Kemari Legg; Vinnie Vendemia; Dylan Zingler
- Team ParamTerps: Remind You Everett Lum; Jairam Patel; Michael Wang; Priscilla Tang
- Presentation and Awards (Week of April 28). Each team will make an oral presentation of their product to the judges.
In addition, teams will have the opportunity to demonstrate their project.
Based on their video submission and presentation the top three apps will be determined by the judges.
The Awards process requires each team to make a short oral presentation describing their application. This presentation will be made in front of a panel of judges, and will be taped for future distribution. All teams will follow the IGNITE format in preparing the presentation. The underlying prinicple for an IGNITE Presentation is "Enlighten Us, but Make it Quick". IGNITE requires preparation. You cannot prepare it the night before. In five minutes you are to convince the judges that your app meets a community need, can implemented quickly and is easy to use.
- Below are instructional examples to prepare an Ignite Presentation.
Who is the Awards Committee?The Awards Committee will be comprised of representatives from the participating units in the Competition.
How will winners be determined?
The top three applications will be determined by the Awards Committee. Applications will be evaluated based on
- meeting a community need
- potential for immediate use
- ease of use