The Business Services Department is committed to serving the students, faculty and staff of the School in the areas of General Business Administration, Budget Management, Accounts Payables and Receivables, Personnel and Payroll, and Research Administration. The Business Services Team strives to ensure that all of our clients are served in a professional, efficient, and timely manner. If we are not meeting your needs, please let us know. Ingrid Farrell Assistant Dean for Internal Affairs and Budget
Human Resource Administration
We hope that you are able to find on this site a host of resources to assist you and answer your questions concerning Human Resource Administration in the School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation. Below you will find useful links to both the School's and University's policies and procedures governing various human resource areas. Your contact person for all Human Resource needs is
Faculty and Staff Appointments
If you are a new faculty or staff employee in the School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation, get started by reviewing the University New Employee Checklist. You may email pertinent information and questions to Monica Herrera . For additional information that is relevant only to your employment with the School, please see the School New Employee Checklist.
Graduate Assistant Appointments
If you are employed as a Graduate, Research or Administrative Assistant with the School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation, review the following resources.
- GA Handbook for policies and procedures related to Graduate Assistantships
- GA Hours and Stipends Expected hours of work and stipends associated with Graduate Assistantships
- GA Timesheets Must be filled out bi-weekly, signed by supervisor and forwarded to Monica Herrera for tracking
- GA Performance Evaluation Form (link coming soon) Students and supervisors should discuss and sign at the conclusion of assistantship term
Student Hourly Appointments
All employers of student employees who are paid on an hourly basis should fill out a Payroll Action Request and forward it to Monica Herrera for processing.
Payroll functions within the School are managed by the Human Resources Coordinator. Please visit the links below for more information.
- View Biweekly Earning Statements and Opt Out of Receiving Printed Statements
- Biweekly Earnings Statements for Employees who DO NOT COMPLETE A PHR Biweekly Timesheet
- Payroll Direct Deposit Authorization
- Payroll Online Service Center
- W-4 Form
Benefits functions are managed directly by the University's Benefits Office. The Human Resource Coordinator within the School can help you navigate your way through the University's processes. Please visit the links below for more information regarding specific benefit functions.
Other Useful Links and Information
General Business Administration
See below for resources to assist you with General Business Administration. For specific help with Budget Management, Travel Reimbursements, Invoice Payments, Credit Card and General Purchases, State and Revolving Account Maintenance and State and Revolving Account Reporting, Scholarship, Fellowship and Awards processing, please contact our Business Manager:
The School's policies are guided by the University's policies.
For policies and procedures regarding Budget Management within the university, visit the Department of Budget and Fiscal Analysis website.
University travel policies and procedures can be found at the Travel Services website.
For the School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation's policies and procedures regarding travel approvals and expense reimbursements, please see the School's Travel Policies (link coming soon).
Credit Card Purchases
For faster service, purchases that are less than $5,000 may be paid for directly by credit card. Please provide all necessary purchasing information to Dawn Green . For additional information regarding credit card policies and procedures, visit the University's Purchasing Card webpage.
All scholarships, fellowships and awards for the School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation are processed by the Business Manager, Dawn Green . After decisions are made by the School's Scholarship, Fellowship and Award committees, recipients are expected to turn in their signed award letters to Dawn for processing. For more information, see Scholarship Process.
For specific help with Proposal Preparation, Proposal Routing, Proposal Budgeting, Research Account Maintenance and Research Account Reporting, please contact our Research Coordinator
To access the University's policies and procedures regarding research administration, visit the Office of Research Administration & Advancement (ORAA). The ORAA maintains a list of research-related forms.
1) If you are interested in Proposal Preparation and/or Proposal Routing, please click on the following links to begin the process.
2) If you need help with Proposal Budgeting, please use the template attached below to provide the necessary information.
3) If you need help with Research Account Maintenance and Reporting, please work with Cynthia to receive your monthly reports. Download the Research Proposal Budget template below.
The National Center for Smart Growth Research and Education returns an impressive percentage of all DRIF revenue generated back to the Principal Investigators (PIs). PIs are encouraged to route research proposals through the Center.