Thank you for considering a gift to the University of Maryland School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation. For your convenience, gifts can now be made online and are processed through the University of Maryland College Park Foundation.
Annual gifts to the School of Architecture, Planning, and Preservation are critical to the operation and advancement of the school and its programs. These gifts are deposited into the school's general fund under the direction of the Dean of the School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation. Any gifts to the University can be specified for the School and our specific existing endowments or operating funds. These include the:
- School of Architecture Scholarship Fund - provides scholarships for students in the school's graduate program in architecture.
- Architecture Faculty and Staff Scholarship Fund - established by the school's architectural faculty and staff the fund annually provides scholarships for the study of architecture.
- Juan Pablo Bonta Biennial Prize Fund - established to honor Juan Pable Bonta, the fund provides a biennial cash prize to the student who has submitted an outstanding paper in the theory of architecture
- Michael Scott DeFrance Travel Award - annual awards, one undergraduate and one graduate, to architectural students to participate the school's study abroad programs named in memory of former student Michael Scott DeFrance.
- Restoring Ancient Stabiae Fund - an operating fund to support faculty and student travel, research, and study at the seaside Roman villas covered by the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius at Castellammare Stabia on the Bay of Naples in Italy.
- Colden "Coke" Florance Lecture Fund - an annual lecture featuring a distinguished international architect established to honor Colden "Coke" Florance one of the DC region's most distinguished architects.
- David P. Fogle Travel Scholarship Fund - an endowed fund which provides annual travel scholarships to historic preservation students to honor the program's founding director David P. Fogle.
- John Hill Scholarship Fund - established to honor the school's founding Dean the fund provides awards for students in the school's architectural program.
- Maryland Study Center at Kiplin Hall Fund - the fund provides operational support for the school's Maryland Study Center at Kiplin Hall in North Yorkshire, England, the ancestral home of George Calvert, the First Lord Baltimore and founder of the colony of Maryland.
- Jack Smith Kerxton Memorial Fund - established to honor the life and work of Jack Smith Kerxton the fund provides scholarships, fellowships, and internships to architecture students.
- Melvin R. Levin Planning Leadership Fund - established to honor Dr. Melvin R. Levin's contribution and leadership in the field of city planning the fund provides support for activities that promote leadership abilities among students in the Urban Studies and Planning Program.
- John Wiebenson Memorial Lecture Fund - established to honor John Wiebenson's life and work the fund provides for an annual lecture by an individual or organization in service to others for the public good.
- J. Guy Lombardo, Jr. Memorial Lecture Fund - established in memory of the late J. Guy Lombardo, Jr., B.Arch 1975, to provide an annual lectureship in the School of Architecture, Planning, and Preservation.
- Harold L. Adams Practice Leadership Fund - established by Harold L. Adams, FAIA, RIBA, JIA to develop and support innovative programs of professional studies in practice leadership.
- Elizabeth D. Alley Visual Resources Endowment Fund - established to honor Elizabeth D. Alley who built the school's visual resources collections into the finest of its kind and provide annual support for the collection.
- Ayers/Saint/Gross Endowment - established by Ayers/Saint/Gross to enhance the awareness and understanding of the value of quality campus planning and design.
- William and Sondra Bechhoefer Travel Scholarship Fund - established by William and Sondra Bechhoefer to provide support for student's foreign study
- Alexander S. Cochran Comprehensive Design Studio Endowment - named in honor of Alexander S. Cochran, considered Maryland's first modernist architect, the endowment provides support for the architecture program's award winning Comprehensive Design Studio
- Design Collective Endowment - created by Design Collective to provide support for studio instruction, internships, and scholarships.
- Grimm and Parker Endowment - established by Grimm and Parker Architects the fund provides scholarship for students in the school's architecture program.
- Steven W. Hurtt School Advancement Fund - to honor former Dean Steven W. Hurtt, the fund provides support for faculty research and scholarly work.
- Kibel Gallery Endowment - funds generated by this endowment support the annual operations and shows of the school's gallery.
- Roger K Lewis Scholarship Endowment - to honor Roger K. Lewis this fund provides scholarship for students in the school's architecture program.
- John Ames and Sarah E. Steffian Publications Endowment Fund - provides support for the architecture program's publications program.
- Bennett/DuPuy Studio Endowment Fund - established to honor Ralph Bennett and Karl DuPuy, the endowment provides support for the enrichment of the architectural studio experience.
- Thomas Schumacher Scholarship Fund - created to honor Tom's love of Rome by supporting eligible architecture students for study and travel with Maryland's architectural programs in Italy, so that Tom's passion for the "Eternal City" can be realized by future generations of Maryland students.
Click the link below to enter into the UMD online gift form, which will send your gift to the UMD College Park Foundation. When entering details into this form please remember to choose the School of Architecture, Planning, and Preservation from the pull down menu.
For more information about giving to the School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation please contact:
Director of Development
School of Architecture, Planning, and Preservation
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742